Collecting personal information
When you register on the Website and when you update your registration details, we collect personal information. In common with many other online services, we use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
We may also collect personal information when:
- you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- you request that we send you marketing communications;
- you disclose personal information to us or otherwise through the Website at any other point.
Using personal information
We use personal information to help us provide a more personalised service, for example to allow you to set up your own television content guide.
Personal information may be used by us and our carefully selected sub-contractors to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Website and our services;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you;
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where (and only where) requested by you we will:
- keep you updated with information by email about our existing and new services; and/or
- send you information by e-mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
To opt-out of receiving any such marketing communications, you can use the link in any marketing email, email us at the email address below or write to us by mail at the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further marketing communications from us.
Amending personal information
You may change or update your user name and password or other details in relation to your account at any time.
Cookies and other such devices
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to the Website;
- allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; and/or
- ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire or research survey too often or after you have already done so.
To find out how to disable/enable cookies, you can click on the "Manage Cookies" section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Sharing personal information
Sometimes we will pass on personal information to third parties, including to:
- our employees and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future; and
- reputable third parties to collate some general statistical information about the Website (including, without limitation, its user base, traffic volumes and related matters), but this will not include information personally identifying you.
We do not pass on, disclose or sell personal information to third parties for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled "Using personal information" is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to personal information unless you choose to contact them.
If we acquire, are acquired by or merge with another company, we may transfer personal information to such purchasers or subsidiaries (and potential purchasers or subsidiaries). This will enable you to maintain your account with us following a change of ownership.
We always demand that those parties to whom we transfer personal information adhere to the same security procedures that we follow. However, please be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to such processing and transfer to entities outside the EEA in connection with the services in relation to which you submit your personal information to us and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you submit your personal information.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name and email address.
You can contact us with any questions.